Managing Director – Private Healthcare Provider
Steven Taylor placed as part of a board build out to drive rapid growth plans & allow Founders to move into Non-Exec
Established in 2010 by Drs Sanjay & Shikha Pitalia, Pall Mall Medical is a family owned, private healthcare provider. With plans for the owners to move into advisory roles, alongside rapid growth plans – Pall Mall required a new Managing Director to:
- Define, design & implement strategic plan
- Increase top-line growth by taking accountability for Sales & Marketing
- Oversee operations & ensure productivity is optimised
- Take responsibility for day-to-day management of the business
Rowan were retained by the founders to appoint their next MD.
Rowan worked closely with Founders, Drs Sanjay & Shikha Pitalia, in order to understand their vision for the business, and align candidate profiles to their culture and growth objectives.
As experts in Executive Search, Rowan:
- Conducted a deep-dive of the healthcare sector alongside acquisitive, multi-site businesses
- Identified high-calibre candidates with experience in high-growth businesses
- Assessed candidate commercial acumen – winning business & making investment decisions
- Evaluated candidate leadership styles – needed to instil a culture of accountability
Through our search & assessment process, Steven Taylor was successfully appointed as the new Pall Mall Medical Managing Director.
Steven Taylor joined Pall Mall with a strong track record within the healthcare sector:
- Previous Marketing Director for Transform Hospital Group, Optical Express, Vet Partners and Colosseum Dental
- Drove 20% growth in 18-25-year-old demographic as Marketing Director at Transform Cosmetic Surgery
Since joining Pall Mall, Steven has successfully led the company to:
- Increase revenue by 50% in the first 12 months
- Navigate through the hospital closure & re-opening during the Covid-19 period (in a time where most competitors struggled greatly)
- Build out a wider board & management team
- Allow Sanjay & Shikha to move into advisory roles