Family owned e-commerce business, with a disruptive model specialising in selling golf clothing & equipment internationally across both B2B and B2C. The 2 sons were looking to take PE investment to support an MBO.
Sought additional funding to:
- Drive an ambitious, international growth plan (12m to 20m turnover in the next 3-5 years)
- Ensure operations can cope with rapid growth
- Manage external stakeholders
- Alleviate pressure on existing management team (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance)
Rowan worked with Foresight and Ben Reeves (MD) to define an optimal future structure, which included an initial appointment of Director of Finance & Operations to support growth & investment (Jan 17)
- Foresight Private Equity invested £4m (Mar 17)
- Jocelyn Morgan was appointed (Mar 17) as Director of Finance & Operations
- Rowan retained to run a Search & Assessment for the second key appointment: Head of Marketing
- Alex Whitfield was appointed (Sep 2017) as Head of Marketing
- Jocelyn took full control of Operations and margin protection
- Took Clubhouse across £20m turnover 12 months ahead of schedule
- Foresight achieved a 6x ROI in a 2020 trade sale to European company All4Golf
- Jocelyn appointed CFO post-sale and retained Rowan to appoint a Head of Operations
Ben regularly comments that both Jocelyn and Alex were two of the major contributing factors in the success of Clubhouse Golf & Foresight.
Quote: Jocelyn Morgan, CFO, Clubhouse Golf
“I was really impressed with Paul’s instinct for the company / candidate ‘match’ the moment that I approached him to say I would like to look at the market. He facilitated a very quick process and I felt he really supported both me and the company to negotiate the right offer that worked for us both. His instinct proved spot on and I am loving the role.
Rowan work hard to keep in touch with their bank of candidates, employers and professional network resulting in that up to date knowledge, instinct for the match and a great selection of exciting and relevant opportunities.”