TRI is the holding company for five of the UK’s leading textile recyclers: JMP Wilcox, Nathans Wastesavers, Cookstown Textile Recyclers, BIU Group and SWD Premier Clothing Experts.
With a combined turnover of £90 Million, the businesses work together as one group to create longstanding and trusted relationships with charities, local authorities and other entities, in order to purchase textiles, which are then processed and sold to clients around the world.
TRI wanted to appoint an eager and ambitious International Sales Manager to support the Group’s Commercial Director Jim Stewart, who could;
- Facilitate international growth, by developing business with existing clients overseas (particularly South Africa), as well as winning new business
- Formalise the sales process and increase the number of company revenue streams
- Liaise with the Commercial Director with regards to the grading of pricing structures
Rowan worked closely with CEO Mark Burrows Smith and Commercial Director Jim Stewart, in order to understand the role, alongside the personal skills and capabilities of the incoming International Sales Manager.
As experts in Executive Search, Rowan:
- Consulted with the Board and CEO Mark Burrows Smith, to help them appreciate the need for an International Sales Manager with a deep understanding of the sector
- Identified candidates with significant, relevant experience of maximising commercial opportunities within the recycling sector, at Director level
- Evaluated candidates’ exposure to working with both national and international clients, increasing the number of revenue streams and grading and improving pricing structures
The high standard of Rowan’s research, which included international research generated a shortlist with two standout candidates for the position, with slightly different skillsets and experience. Rowan consulted with Mark, Jim and the Board, and advised that both candidates would add value to the business in different ways, and that it would be prudent to appoint both.
International Sales Manager Lina Marino is multi-lingual, speaking English, Italian, French, Spanish, German and Russian, and will cover multiple geographical locations
GM Stuart Wilson will be looking after the African and South African markets, he has international experience from his time with Warwick Fabrics in Dubai, and has now moved back to the UK.