PowerPlay Brands is a privately owned business, which imports and distributes branded products like Ben Sherman, Reebok, DKNY etc. across global retail channels.
With turnover tripling in 3 years and forecast to double in the next 12 months, Powerplay required a Supply Chain & Operations Director to:
- Fill a gap in its Management team
- Support future growth
- Expand warehousing capacity (utilising 3rd party logistics in Netherlands)
- Introduce KPIs
- Tighten stock controls
- Increase EPR functionality/efficiency.
After being recommended by a previous client, Rowan was retained by CEO Marc Samuels to appoint the new Supply Chain & Operations Director.
Rowan worked closely with Marc, in order to understand the role requirements, alongside the personal requirements of the Supply Chain & Operations Director:
As experts in Executive Search, Rowan searched for & assessed candidates who had:
- Successfully taken a business on a similar growth journey and wanted to do it again.
- Previous experience leading Operations in a £50m e-commerce/distribution business, ideally within textiles
- Worked at Director level, with a proven track record of establishing and delivering performance measures, controls and systems, including experience of ERP implementation.
Kelly was highly suitable for PowerPlay brands as she had vast e-commerce and wholesale experience from Missguided, where she had been since their infancy through their 80% YoY growth to their current ‘powerhouse’ standing today. In this position, Kelly;
- Moved from the internal warehousing to the 3PL solution.
- Led the associated staffing/culture transition.
- Oversaw the full stock process and successfully migrated warehousing.
Since joining PowerPlay, Kelly has successfully:
- Addressed stock shortages due to the Pandemic, and ensured no adverse impact.
- Planned appropriately due to the disruption caused by Brexit, and kept the business growing to its full potential.
- Contributed to the transformation of the business model from a bricks-and-mortar retailer to an online business, whilst its B2B focus and family ownership model.